Display cases are available for temporary displays in the Sandpoint Library lobby.
These exhibits are meant to show the wide area of interest represented in our communities.
Goals of the Displays
- To support community, cultural, and artistic activities.
- To encourage individuals to contribute to the appreciation of the arts.
- To broaden horizons by presenting a wide range of art, collections, or displays.
- To nourish intellectual, aesthetic, and creative growth.
- To reach non-traditional library patrons.
Display Case Info
There are four cabinets in the lobby area of the Sandpoint Branch Library. Cases A & B (East side) are reserved separately and Cases C & D (West side) are reserved as a single unit. Upon approval, displays are usually scheduled for six weeks.
- 70” high x 81”wide x 22” deep
- The two sliding glass doors are 38” wide by 56” high and are not removable.
- The shelves hold a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Exhibits hosted by a business may not display sales prices.
- Exhibitors are to provide their own signage and may provide handouts for distribution. 8.5” x 11” sign holders are mounted outside each case.
Do you have a collection or hobby you’d like to display?
The following will be considered when approving displays:
- Historical or regional relevance
- Appropriateness to special events, anniversaries, holidays, etc.
- Relation to other events or displays in the community
- Representation of an influential movement, genre, trend, or national culture
- Attention to viewers and public
- Appropriate for all ages
Responsibility for the selection of displays resides with the Library Director or his/her designee, Library Board chair, or Board representative. The Library does not accept responsibility for ensuring that all points of view are represented in any single display. Granting of permission to display materials does not imply Library endorsement of content or points of view.